Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Volley ball

           I am a volleyball player at Winnetka Rec. center, and have been for past 4 seasons. I love playing volleyball, but I enjoy football better. My volleyball try-outs where on February 15 two days after my brothers baseball evaluations. I am so much better in volley ball then when I started, my bumping, setts, and serving has improved.

A sett is when you  put your hands in a bowl shaped passion and push it up. If you hit it with your palm and just lift it up its considered  a lift, and the ref will/should call it. When it was my turn to show them how I set I was a little nervous because I didn't play volley ball since last season, and I don't play at school. I thought I was going to mess up bad but then I had confident in my self and I did great :) 

A bump is when you arch your back and get in passion to hit it with your arms. You have to arch your back in order to get a good hit.
Arch your back and your feet straight. If you don't arch your back its okay the ref wont call it but the coach will be like " ELBA GET PASSION!!!'' believe me it has happened. When it my turn to bump I wasn't that nervous because im da bomb in bumping, and OMG I was terrible in bumping at first I was the worst bumper. Like I thought I did amazing :)

A serve is when you jump in the air and you hit it hard. When your about to serve you need to get a good ball, have a big jump, arch your back, and swing your arm. You can serve during as game or if its your turn to serve in. There are two ways to serve. Big kids use the hard way,  little kids usually use the easy way but some use the hard way
When I was serving was super nervous because this is where I usually mess up. I missed the first one but then made the second  then missed the last one .

I think if you tried volleyball you will like it to.


                                      thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment